Lil Duval brought big jokes to GSU

Erinn Williams

Hysterical laughter was all that could be heard from Hanner Fieldhouse tonight as Georgia Southern University students turned out in huge numbers to witness Lil Duval’s comedy.

Lil Duval brought an hour of laughter and jokes in a long awaited event hosted by the University Programming Board as one of its many Homecoming events.

Students stood in line two hours before the show in order to get coveted seats closer to the MTV comedian. The line rushed to the doors as soon as they were opened later than the expected 6:30 p.m. time slot.

“Even though Lil’ Duval’s performance was very entertaining,  it was not worth standing in line since five thirty and getting pushed and hurt by a mob of ratchet people in order to receive seats. All I’m going to say is that people need to learn how to behave,” Samaya Sheffield, sophomore writing and linguistics major, said.

The show was supposed to begin at 7:30 p.m. but started late with Lil Duval not taking the main stage until 8 p.m.

Wearing a giraffe print sweatsuit, Lil Duval brought the house down with jokes on

the party scene, music, Statesboro, relationships, sex, drugs and did not hesitate in using his token phrase, “What that mouth do?”

“The show was more than I expected. It was funny and relatable. I could not stop laughing,” Tonisha Cherry, sophomore exercise major, said.

Lil Duval also encouraged crowd participation by cracking jokes on students in the audience and at one point invited a student to join him on stage and dance.

Even with the explicit content of his jokes, students found the show to be a great addition to Homecoming Week.

Shaquille Roberts, sophomore psychology major, said, “I literally laughed until I cried more than once. It was the best comedy show that I have seen at Georgia Southern since I have been here.”