SGA: You vent, we listen

•  

Your Student Government Association is hard at work trying to make your community safer. All you have to do is get involved! On Wednesday, Oct. 30, at 6:30 p.m. we will host a forum titled “Eagle Alert” in the Russell Union ballroom. We are partnering with the Bulloch County Police Department and on-campus security to address all safety concerns in our community.  Eagles for Eagles, which is our initiative that aids students facing financial hardship, is now open! It is located where the eagle card center used to be in the Russell Union. We are selling T-Shirts at this location for $6, and all proceeds go to the Eagles for Eagles Fund. Tickets for all football games will also be distributed at this location on Mondays and Fridays during each game week from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.

Regent Lori Durden, who is a member of the Board of Regents for the University System of Georgia, will be on your campus. The board of regents administrates all schools under the University System of Georgia, the Georgia Archives and the Georgia Public Library System. Regent Lori Durden will speak at our Senate meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 20, at 6:30 p.m. About two weeks after this event, Thursday, Dec. 5, in the Mac Gym in the RAC, we will host our Winter Wonderland Formal along with the National Pan-Hellenic Council. Get ready for a night filled with food, awesome music and a great time with members of your Student Government Association and the National Pan-Hellenic Council!

Make sure that you vote for our homecoming candidates!  Senator Zachary Watson and our Executive Vice-President, Annalee Ashley, will be running for king and queen. Senator Errol Spence and our Vice-President of Finance, Ellen Hogan, will also be running to become your Duke and Duchess.

Always remember that Shuttle Gus runs Friday and Saturday from 10 p.m. – 2 a.m. This is our no-questions-asked service that takes students to and from their destination. The number for this service is 912-GSU-RIDE. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to voice them by coming to the Student Government Association Office, located upstairs in the Russell Union, or to our Senate meetings, which are held every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Russell Union Ballroom.