New boutique caters to students

• Cutique sells a variety of accessories and jewelry. Cutique hosted “Cupcakes and Fashions” at the boutique this past Saturday and plan to hold more events like this in the future.Photo by: Ryan Woodham

Meagan Greene

The ‘Boro has a new addition to the fashion scene which has caught the eye of many students around Georgia Southern University campus.

The store Cutique opened up shop at the end of the summer off of Fair Road in College Plaza, selling affordable new age women’s apparel to the public.

Cutique owner, Natessa Williams, is a GSU graduate with a master’s degree in professional counseling.

This past Saturday, Cutique hosted a “Cupcakes and Fashions” event where customers were treated to cupcakes while they browsed the shop’s selections, Williams said she plans on hosting more, similar events to bring in new clientele.

“All the clothes that are sold at Cutique come from either the mart in Atlanta [AmericasMart] or Los Angeles [LA Mart]. Each item comes from different vendors in these areas selling high fashion. Nothing cheap or cheesy,” Williams said.

Cutique’s business picked up dramatically when school came back in session this fall.

“Our slogan for Cutique is ‘Chic, Contour, Cute’,” Williams said. “I pay attention to what girls are wearing. There are different shipments bi-weekly. We always have different items coming in, I will restock if the vendor still has it in stock and I get many requests for it.”

“As a kid I always loved fashion. Always. Actually I wanted to design, but then I decided just to open a store and sell clothes. But I always had the passion for fashion,” Williams said.

Williams adjusts the stores hours to accommodate her student-heavy customer base.

“Since most people seem to shop at the end of the week, having the store open Thursday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. works out well. For the future my goal is to branch out and have a second store in the next two or three years,” Williams said.

“The hours are really convenient because you can get something last minute or have a causal shopping day,” Savannah Krueger, freshman double major in communication arts and public relations frequent and Cutique shopper, said.

“Cutique is cute and fun for a college town,” Krueger said. “They have things for a night out with friends, my sorority events and concerts. I got my outfit for Luke Bryan there.”