Police Beat Oct. 6-8

Sunday, Oct. 6

12:47 a.m.: Officers made contact with four subjects on Knight Drive. One subject was judicially referred for an alcohol violation.

1:46 a.m.: Officers discovered an intoxicated subject in J-Lot. Garrett Michael Scheile, 20, Statesboro, Ga., was arrested and charged with False ID, Public Indecency and Possession of Alcohol – Under 21 Years of Age.

12:15 p.m.: An incident report was taken for the theft of a bike at the Southern Courtyard bike rack. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

2:28 p.m.: An incident report was taken for an entering auto at Southern Courtyard. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

2:54 p.m.: An incident report was taken for a stolen bike from the bike rack at Southern Courtyard. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

4:06 p.m.: Officers made contact with a subject at the RAC that had been banned on 09/10/2013 for a previous theft at the RAC. Javontis Dashawn Powell, 20, Statesboro, Ga., was arrested and charged with Criminal Trespass.

4:30 p.m.: An incident report was taken for an entering auto at Southern Courtyard. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

10:02 p.m.: An incident report was taken for a sick person at Public Safety. EMS responded but did not transport the sick person.

10:15 p.m.: Officers responded to Eagle Village in reference to a fire alarm – sprinkler activation. The Statesboro Fire Department and maintenance responded. The sprinkler activation was due to occupants hitting the sprinkler head with a plate they were using as a Frisbee. Two subjects were judicially referred.

10:36 p.m.: Officers conducted a traffic stop on Harvey Drive and Lanier Drive. The vehicle was towed and six traffic citations were issued.

3:38 a.m.: Officers conducted a traffic stop on Harvey Drive and Chandler Road. A consent to search was conducted and a traffic citation issued.

Monday, Oct. 7

10:30 a.m.: Criminal Investigations assisted Statesboro Police with information on a suspect.

11:12 a.m.: An incident report was taken for criminal trespass at Eagle Village Building 1. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

12:01 p.m.: An incident report was taken for found property in Lot 43.

1:17 p.m.: An incident report was taken for a civil matter at Residential Facilities.

3:11 p.m.: A welfare check was conducted on a student. The student was located and he was advised to contact his family.

4:05 p.m.: An incident report was taken for the theft of unattended property at Kennedy Hall. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

4:10 p.m.: An incident report was taken for criminal trespass at Southern Courtyard. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

6:45 p.m.: Officers responded to a burglar alarm at the College of Education. The alarm was accidentally activated by an employee.

7:21 p.m.: An incident report was taken for found property at the Russell Union.

8:00 p.m.: Officers responded to Public Safety in reference to a sick person. EMS responded but did not transport.

8:05 p.m.: An incident report was taken for found property at the Auxiliary Services Distribution Center.

10:19 p.m.: Officers responded to Dining Commons in reference to disorderly students. The disorderly students were judicially referred.

10:34 p.m.: Officers responded to Eagle Village Building 2 in reference to criminal trespass. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

12:39 a.m.: Officers responded to Kennedy Hall in reference to a fire alarm. Maintenance responded. The fire alarm was activated due to smoke from an occupant cooking.

2:28 a.m.: Officers responded to Eagle Village in reference to two subjects damaging property. Two subjects were located. Both subjects were intoxicated and judicially referred for alcohol violations. One subject, William Powell Flowers, 20, Statesboro, Ga., was discovered to be a wanted person out of Clarke County, Georgia for Giving False Information to an Officer and Possession of Alcohol. Flowers was arrested and placed in the Bulloch County Jail. 

Tuesday, Oct. 8

8:00 a.m.: Criminal Investigations arrested Tahjz Michael Irving, 22, Riverdale, Ga., on 10/07/2013 at 1:00 pm at the Clayton County, Georgia Jail where he was being housed on local charges, and charged him with Robbery, Simple Battery, Burglary, Criminal Trespass and Kidnapping for an incident that occurred on November 12, 2012 in Eagle Village. Investigators transported Irving from the Clayton County Jail to the Bulloch County Jail.

9:32 a.m.: Criminal Investigation initiated an investigation into a report of a sexual assault at Southern Courtyard that occurred on or about 10/01/2013.

9:46 a.m.: An incident report was taken for the theft of a bike at the Engineering Technology Building bike rack. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

10:01 a.m.: An incident report was taken for found property at Centennial Place.

11:13 a.m.: An incident report was taken for lost/mislaid property possibly at the complainant’s residence on Led Bury Cove.

1:35 p.m.: A motor vehicle accident report was taken for a motor vehicle accident in Lot 32.

2:07 p.m.: Officers assisted the Statesboro Police Department with a sick person at The Forum. The sick person was transported for medical treatment.

4:18 p.m.: Criminal Investigations investigated a suspicious incident at University Villas.

7:04 p.m.: Officers responded to Freedom’s Landing in reference to a drug complaint. Four occupants were judicially referred.

7:45 p.m.: An incident report was taken for the theft of unattended property at the RAC. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

10:05 p.m.: An incident report was taken for criminal trespass at the softball fields’ sports complex. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

2:10 a.m.: Officers responded to a fire alarm at Eagle Village. Maintenance and the Statesboro Fire Department responded. The room and area was checked with no problems found.

2:17 a.m.: An incident report was taken for found property at Centennial Place Building 2.