Police Beat Sept. 5-8

Thursday, Sept. 5

9:45 a.m.: Officers responded to a motor vehicle accident in C-Lot. A motor vehicle accident report was taken.

11:36 a.m.: An incident report was taken for a suspicious person/activity at the Nursing/Chemistry Building.

12:52 p.m.: An incident report was taken for a criminal trespass at the Tanner Property.

1:22 p.m.: Officers responded to a motor vehicle accident – hit and run in Lot 21. A motor vehicle accident report was taken.

2:05 p.m.: An incident report was taken for found property at the University Store.

2:55 p.m.: Officers responded to an injured person at Southern Courtyard. EMS responded and transported the injured person.

3:08 p.m.: An incident report was taken for a criminal trespass in J-Lot. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

6:20 p.m.: An incident report was taken for the theft of unattended property at the RAC. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

6:38 p.m.: An incident report was taken for a criminal trespass in J-Lot. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

9:26 p.m.: Officers responded to Eagle Village in reference to a drug complaint. Three occupants were judicially referred.

9:57 p.m.: Officers responded to Southern Pines in reference to a verbal altercation. The two subjects involved were separated.

1:30 a.m.: A traffic stop was conducted by officers on Fair Road at Bermuda Run Road. The driver of the vehicle, Zachary Blanton Hamrick, 24, Statesboro, Ga., was arrested and charged with Reckless Driving, Possession of Marijuana – misdemeanor and DUI.

4:11 a.m.: Officers made contact with an intoxicated subject at Southern Pines. Stephanie Rose Pappas, 18 years old, Statesboro, Ga., was arrested and charged with Possession of Alcohol Under 21 Years of Age.

Friday, Sept. 6

10:04 a.m.: An incident report was taken for criminal trespass in the I.T. parking lot. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

4:31 p.m.: An incident report was taken for harassment at Centennial Place. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

6:01 p.m.: Officers responded to a burglar alarm at the Center for Art & Theater building. The alarm had accidentally been activated.

Saturday, Sept. 7

12:38 a.m.: Officers performed a welfare check for a minor who was reported at Centennial Place. No contact was made with the subject.

1:28 a.m.: Officers observed two subjects walking near Georgia Avenue. One of the subjects was observed throwing a bottle against a building that shattered and glass pieces went into an area of pedestrians. Clayton Harris Anderson, 22, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and Stephen Michael Burnsed, 20, was arrested and charged with underage possession of alcohol.

2:18 a.m.: Officers observed several subjects in a verbal altercation near Chandler Road. Three subjects were referred to Judicial Affairs.

2:53 a.m.: Officers were dispatched to a verbal altercation near J-Lot. Christian Taylor Cowen-Sanders, 18, was arrested and charged with underage possession of alcohol and obstruction of an officer; Axel Drucker, 18, was arrested and charged with underage possession of alcohol and obstruction of an officer; Cameron Wilkins, 18, was arrested and charged with underage possession of alcohol and obstruction of an officer and Philip Lee Lane, 19, was arrested and charged with underage possession of alcohol, obstruction of an officer and giving false information to an officer.

3:21 p.m.: Officers responded to a report of unauthorized vehicles in the Paulson Stadium parking lot. Athletic Department representatives requested the two vehicles be towed.

6:42 p.m.: Officers responded to a suspicious person as Paulson Stadium. The subject was banned from campus.

9:58 p.m.: Officers performed a welfare check on a student at Freedom’s Landing. The student was referred to a GSU counselor.

10:25 p.m.: An incident report was taken for found property.

11:53 p.m.: Officers conducted a traffic stop on Chandler Road. The driver, Damian Devahn Lee Perry, 18, was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana (misdemeanor), headlight requirements and safety restraint violation.

Sunday, Sept. 8

12:00 a.m.: Officers responded to a report of a person passed out at dining Commons. EMS responded and determined the subject was medically okay, just intoxicated. Colleen Elizabeth Tereniak, 20, was arrested and charged with underage possession of alcohol.

1:55 a.m.: Officers conducted a traffic stop at Chandler Road. Officers observed an odor associated with the smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle. The driver gave consent to search the vehicle and a very small amount of a green leafy subject was found in the vehicle. The subject was issued a traffic warning.

2:57 a.m.: Officers responded to a loud noise complaint at Freedom’s Landing. A resident was referred to Judicial Affairs.

4:09 a.m.: Officers conducted a traffic stop at Georgia Avenue. Dimitri Sterlin Hill, 21, was arrested and charged with DUI (.105 BAC).

2:37 p.m.: Officers conducted a welfare check on a student at Freedom’s Landing that a father was concerned about. The student was located and was fine. The father was notified.

5:37 p.m.: An incident report was taken for financial transaction fraud. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.

6:32 p.m.: An incident report was taken for a domestic problem at Eagle Village. This case was assigned to criminal investigations.