Student represents fraternity chapter at leadership program

•  

GaBennett

A Georgia Southern University student participated in the Ruck Leadership Institute program through the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity, according to a news release.

Bowen Flowers, a junior finance major from Williamson, was one of more than 15,000 undergraduate students to apply. Only 120 participated in the leadership program.

The Ruck Leadership Institute focuses on the leadership principles in one of the best-selling leadership books of all time, “The Leadership Challenge,” co-written by Barry Posner, a nationally renowned leadership expert and SigEp alumnus.

“We got into teams right away and had to figure out how to work together with a lot of unknowns,” Flowers said in the news release. “My business courses give me the technical knowledge I need in business, but this leadership training has shown me how much I have to work on myself to get results from others.”

Flowers did not know what to expect from this one of a kind leadership development program and the gathering of so many SigEps from across the country, he said in the news release.

“I am confident that these students will go back to their campuses ready to take on leadership roles with new skills and determination,” Brain Warren, executive director of Sigma Phi Epsilon, said in the news release.  “The opportunity to learn from the most talented and highly accomplished leaders in our fraternity gives these young men a distinct advantage as they embark on their careers.”

Flowers maintains a 3.64 GPA. He is involved in the University Honors Program, College Republicans and Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society.