Sing for spaghetti

William Price

Students can belt out their favorite tune and claim spaghetti from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. outside the Russell Union at the Rotunda for free.

This Wednesday on campus students get the chance to show off their singing skills and get a plate of spaghetti at “Sing for your Supper” put on by the Academy of Performing Arts at Georgia Southern University. Singing ability is not a factor in participation.

“As college students we’re all broke and hungry all the time, we figured we’d try to fix one of those problems and spread the word about our organization,” Shakarra White, director of APA and senior health education and promotion major at GSU, said.

“We’re a fairly new organization on campus and this is our fun way of getting our name out more, plus everyone loves spaghetti,” White said.

APA is a little over a year old. The organization focuses on bringing likeminded singing, dancing and acting students together under one name.

“We’re essentially a bunch of drama nerds that love to sing, dance and perform. We’re trying to share our work with the masses at GSU,” Courtney Escher, assistant director at APA and junior multimedia communications major at GSU, said.

“APA is changing a lot as a whole, we’re getting bigger and we’re heading in a positive direction. We’re thrilled for the opportunity to meet the student body and to show them what we do,” Escher said.

White said, “Come out and sing whatever, you can sing the ABCs or Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star, we just want students to drop by and have fun for some free food.”