BRIEF: It’s On Us Week of Action will feature four events on the Statesboro campus

• The campaign was launched in 2014 by the White House in an effort to prevent sexual assault on college campuses by asking students to change their own attitudes and practice bystander intervention.

Nathan Woodruff

STATESBORO — The “It’s On Us” action campaign will have four events on the Statesboro campus from Tuesday to Friday.

The campaign was launched in 2014 by the White House in an effort to prevent sexual assault on college campuses by asking students to change their own attitudes and practice bystander intervention.

The commit to consent rally on Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Rotunda, this event is focused on educating you and your fellow students on the actual definition of consent.

Beat the blame game at 7 p.m. in the Nessmith-Lane Center on Wednesday, this utilizes real cases to illustrate how we all are vulnerable to victim blaming.

Day for survivors is on Thursday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Russell Union, This event provides an opportunity to learn more about prevention and advocacy while also giving survivors a space to reclaim and tell their stories.

National Coming Out Day: Sexual Violence & the LGBTQ+ Community will be Friday with time and place to be announced at a later date.

More information about the event can be found here.

Nathan Woodruff, The George-Anne Managing News Editor, gaeditor@georgiasouthern.edu