DIMES begins planning for spring fashion show

Lindsey McCormick

DIMES, a student organization, is looking for students with an interest in fashion to join them this spring and partake in their annual spring fashion show.

Some of the main events that new members can look forward to this year are photo shoots, the spring fashion show and the collaboration with the African Student Association to produce the hip hop showcase.

DIMES has 70 to 100 members each semester and they do not have a limit on how many students can become members.

“Because we have so many different committees, we try to build them up as much as possible,” cosmetology chair, Nadia Chebli said.

DIMES is a student organization that combines all aspects of producing a fashion show including public relations, production, cosmetology, fashion, and multimedia.

“The most unique quality about our organization is that we do cover all of these elements which allows out members to be versatile,” Chebli, said.

The main goal of this organization is to educate the community about the fashion industry. DIMES creates an experience for their members to see the ins and outs of fashion and how they can use their talents to put something together, including the main event which is the spring fashion show.

“When members see the production, and the clothes and the make-up come together, they feel very validated and they feel very good about all the work they have done,” Chebli says.

Students can learn more about what to expect from dimes this year by attending the info sessions. The sessions will be held in Russell Union 2080 on Jan. 23 at 7 – 8 p.m. and 8 – 9 p.m.