Spring brings new women’s fashion

• Junior Lindsay Demarcus Fashion Merchandising major styles some new looks for clothing for this years Spring fashion.

Lindsey McCormick

The fashion world steps off the runway and onto as campus as students begin pulling out their spring clothes and saving winter ones for a colder day.

Bright and bold colors are in fashion for both seasons and students can flaunt their spring and winter fashion between the changing seasons.

Modesty and simplicity were the themes from this winter’s fashion trend. Brown leather boots, heavy cable-knit scarves and pattern printed sweaters were all seen on campus before the break. Now that Statesboro is switching between winter and spring weather, the time to break out with luminosity and show some skin is here.

Vibrant colors

“Colorful pants, cropped tops and lace are all things to look for this season. Anything colorful,” Lindsay Demarcus, junior fashion merchandising major, said.

A new trend from Michael Kors, Narciso Rodriguez and Burberry is displaying solid, single-colored dresses without patterns.

As for beauty, striking lip colors such as red and pink are here to stay. An outbreak of crimson lips hit last winter, and it isn’t going anywhere.

“Red lipstick is definitely for going out in the evening, but pink is very summery and for the daytime; pink goes with anything,” Taylor Tucker, sophomore public relations major, said.

Looking vibrant and bold is what matters this season whether it is going for solidarity or choosing the right print. The most reoccurring trend this spring: patterns, patterns and more patterns.

Stick to the basics

As seen in fashion mainstream, skinny jeans are starting to head in a different direction for spring. Last season, solid colors had the last say in denim, but this time patterns are on the horizon.

Polka dots, floral, python and geometric shapes are circulating denim patterns to add to student’s closets this spring.

Current advertisements show that a plain t-shirt or a fitted sweater added to these skinny jeans creates a simple outfit to wear to class.

Real or faux

A change in fabric is also making an appearance this spring. Leather skirts, real or faux, are making their way through the pages of “In Style” magazine.Manyhadd  MaMaMad

Charlotte Ronson and Alexander Wang were huge proponents of the leather trend as they flaunted their 2013 collections to the world, showing that leather does not have to be solely seductive, but it can be flirty and fun.

Pullover sweaters or peplum tops are looking to be compliments to leather skirts this year.

If students want to look their upmost trendy this semester, the fashion magazines are pointing in one direction: go bold or go home.