The Q&D of February 24, 2015

The quick and dirty of entertainment trends you need to know.

By Michelle Pratt and Kurt Hanlon

“American Horror Story” Ben Woolf Dies

Ben Woolf who played Meep in the hit series “American Horror Story: Freak Show” has died from injuries suffered when he was hit by a car last week.

According to TMZ who broke the story, Woolf was clipped in the head by a side mirror while jaywalking on a street in Hollywood.

Our condolences go out to Woolf’s family and friends, and he will be missed dearly.

twitter.com

Series Finale of “Parks and Recreation” Pays Tribute to Harris Wittels

According to E!, Harris Wittels, a writer, executive producer, and actor on “Parks and Recreation” who passed away at the age of 30 on Feb. 19th will be paid tribute in the series finale happening tonight.

The sweet and meaningful tribute will air after the credits of the finale.

giphy.com

Rumors of Jamie Dornan Leaving The “Fifty Shades of Grey” Franchise are Just That, Rumors

A rep for Dornan, who plays the famous Christian Grey, told BuzzFeed News  “All press reports are pure conjecture as the studio has not committed to a sequel as yet.”
The rumors began when multiple reports in the U.K. press claimed Dornan’s wife, Amelia Warner, was uncomfortable with her husband playing the role of Mr. Grey in the Fifty Shades sequel.

However there is no need to panic yet people, it still seems like Mr. Grey will see you…soon.

giphy.com

New Pee-wee Herman movie coming to Netflix

According to Rolling Stone magazine, Pee-wee Herman, the quirky character from the ‘80s, will be revived in an upcoming Netflix movie titled “Pee-wee’s Big Holiday.” The movie will follow Pee-wee as he takes his first ever holiday. Production is expected to begin in early 2015.
Long rumored to be in development, Paul Reubens, who plays the title character, teased the movie’s existence in October.
The movie is being directed by John Lee, while Reubens is producing alongside noted director Jude Apatow.
According to Apatow, he and Reubens had been planning this movie for years, but had to wait until the advent of Netflix to finally get the project going.

giphy.com

Kanye West is making a video game based on his dead mom

Kanye West intends to create a video game based on his song Only One  – which is dedicated to his late mother. Making an announcement on New York radio show “The Breakfast Club” and subsequently reported on IGN, West elaborated on the gameplay experience.
“The idea is that it’s my mother going through the gates of heaven and you have to bring her to the highest gates of heaven by holding her to the light.”

“Walking Dead” gay kiss causes a stir on social media

Fans of “The Walking Dead” took to twitter in protest of a scene where two men kiss in the Sunday’s episode ‘The Distance.’ In a show about flesh-eating zombies, cannibalism, suicide, and gore galore, the straw that broke the camel’s back was homosexual intimacy.
tumblr_nk7hoe4xF51rbmftbo1_500
via Tumblr
Buzzfeed collected a sample of the tweets responding to the episode. While some tweets were supportive of the kiss, a good deal more tweeters expressed opinions that may make you wish for an actual zombie apocalypse.