Come Learn, Lead and Serve

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]

The Office of Student Leadership & Civic Engagement offers various opportunities for students of GSU to get involved in the community.

The purpose of this organization is “empowering students to lead positive change,” Todd Deal, Director of Student Leadership & Civic Engagement, said. This is an organization that gives students “added value” to their degree when they graduate.

Some of the programs they offer are: Alternative Break Trips, which occur during winter break, spring break and summer break in May and weekly volunteer trips where students can volunteer with the Boys and Girls Club, Habitat for Humanity, various after-school programs and many more.

Speaking of the winter break trip, the deadline to sign up and pay for that trip is November 9. This year there are two options: a 4-day trip to NYC or 4-day trip to Washington D.C. and NYC. For the second option, you get to spend two days in D.C. and two days in NYC. Students can register at http://students.georgiasouthern.edu/LeadServe/alternativebreaks/

For more information about the Office of Student Leadership & Civic Engagement, students can go to the website at students.georgiasouthern.edu/LeadServe/, email them at leader@georgiasouthern.edu, or call the office at (912)-478-1435. Also, students can stop by their office in the Russell Union room 1056 if they want to get involved or have any questions.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”471″ img_link_target=”_self”][/vc_column][/vc_row]