Food, Fun and Futures at the ‘Boro Browse

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]

‘Boro Browse ‘15 was an opportunity for students who are new to campus to learn what businesses around the Statesboro community are available. The ‘Boro Browse is a major event at Georgia Southern University where students can learn about the different businesses, and apply to them for part-time jobs. Some of the businesses in attendance were Splash in the ‘Boro, BI-LO and Belk. “This is the one time off-campus businesses can come on campus to market their services,” Memory Littles, assistant director of Student Activities, said.

One of the businesses that came on campus for ‘Boro Browse was BI-LO. BI-LO is one of the few grocery stores that service the Statesboro community. “We accept Eagle Express at BI-LO as a service to students,” Genie Boynton, BI-LO certified technician, said. BI-LO is one of the companies offering part-time job applications to students.

Splash in the ‘Boro, a local water park, is opening on the weekend of May 16. After opening weekend, the park will be open until Labor Day. GSU students receive $2 off admission with their Eagle IDs. Splash in the ‘Boro is offering summer jobs that vary from lifeguards, Guest Services, maintenance, and more. Students can visit Splash in the ‘Boro’s website for more information.

The Clubhouse was also at the ‘Boro Browse, and is one of the many places students can go for fun and entertainment. The Clubhouse provides many different activities such as arcade games, bowling, laser-tag, and their newest attraction, the Coca-Cola 125 Raceway.

Restaurants also participated in the ‘Boro Browse. Simply Sweet Cakery is a sweet shop that has been serving the Statesboro community for two years. “We do custom cupcakes and have twelve different flavors everyday,” Christina Babb, owner of Simply Sweet Cakery, said. All sweets are made from scratch each day. “There is also a happy hour everyday that includes buy one get one half off on cupcakes. The happy hour is Tuesday through Friday 4pm to 6pm and Saturday 2 pm
to 4 pm,” Babb said.

Believers Statesboro is one of the many churches that participated in the ‘Boro Browse. They have been participating in the ‘Boro Browse for over a year. “This is a great opportunity to show, like other businesses, what Statesboro has to offer,” Joe Sconyers, Worship and Creative Pastor, said. An upcoming event they have for students is called “Twenty Somethings” that takes place on Mondays at 7 p.m. at the Believers Church of Statesboro.

The ‘Boro Browse is at the Russell Union Rotunda from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image img_link_target=”_self” image=”733″][vc_single_image img_link_target=”_self” image=”734″][vc_single_image img_link_target=”_self” image=”732″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_cta_button call_text=”Make sure to follow us on Twitter for more content like this!” title=”Follow us!” target=”_blank” color=”btn_red” size=”btn-large” position=”cta_align_right” href=”https://twitter.com/TheCircleGSU”][/vc_column][/vc_row]