BSA talks Eurocentric Ideals

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]

The Black Student Alliance is an organization that was created to bring together other black student organizations on campus. Every other Thursday they sponsor forums that discuss various topics. One of the upcoming events is The Eurocentric Ideals of Beauty.

“Basically it’s just going to be talking about how we change our look to fit into society,” Asya Fields, the fundraiser and chairperson, said.

“We will discuss the definition of Eurocentric, natural vs. relaxed vs. weaves, why black women and men will mate with light-skinned or white counterparts to have “beautiful children”, the ideals of beauty and how the media portrays beauty,” Jasmyn Bush, the public relations co-director of BSA, said.

The Eurocentric Ideals of Beauty is Feb 5 at 6:30p.m. in the Russell Union, room 2047. For more information about The Black Student Alliance and their events, visit the Multicultural Student Center in the Russell Union.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image img_link_target=”_self” image=”919″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_cta_button call_text=”Make sure to follow us on Twitter for more content like this!” title=”Follow us!” target=”_blank” color=”btn_red” size=”btn-large” position=”cta_align_right” href=”https://twitter.com/TheCircleGSU”][/vc_column][/vc_row]