Summer Safety
From Runway to Retail:
“Beyond Barbie: Does Women’s History Month (Still) Matter?” attendees including the host of the event Dr. Felicity Turner (second to the right).
Beyond Barbie:

Off Campus Housing Fair Takes Over the Union

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image img_link_target=”_self” image=”1072″][vc_single_image img_link_target=”_self” image=”1077″][vc_single_image img_link_target=”_self” image=”1073″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]

The ‘Off Campus Housing Fair’ is where apartment and housing complexes come to the Georgia Southern Campus to promote various off campus housing options. Many, if not all, of the complexes provided giveaways and special deals to students who want to sign with them. Some of the apartments included: Southern Downs, The Hamptons, The Grove, Cambridge and many more.

Monarch 301 is an apartment complex located behind the RAC, off of Old Register Road. They have one, two and four bedroom apartments, and their four bedroom apartments ranged between $555-$585. The apartments are customizable, which means you can choose your view and floor plan size. At the fair, they are giving away cupcakes and invitations to their open house, which occurs all day today and Friday.

“Anybody who comes to take a tour, it’s Mardi Gras themed, so we have a photo booth set up in our office and cupcakes galore,” Tara Scott, property manager, said.

Also, Monarch is giving a free cover to Shenanigans for Friday night. Students will get a token, when they tour, that will let them in Friday for the event.

The Cove at Southern apartment complex is located on Chandler Road.

“Right now we are waving all of our application fees or you can get three bedrooms inside of a four bedroom apartment for $675 a month or you can get one bedroom inside of a three bedroom apartment for $400 a month,” Jauvontei Jammison, leasing manager at The Cove, said.

The Cove is also renovating the entire apartment complex. This includes the interior and exterior. All of the floors are going to be hardwood and the apartments will have brand new carpet and appliances. At the housing fair, they are giving away t-shirts, sunglasses, cozies, cups, pens, candy, fliers and much more.

The Hamptons, Statesboro’s newest student apartment complex, was also at the housing fair. They are giving away sunglasses, matchbooks and scratch cards, which have different offers including free application fee, free furniture fee, free t-shirts and water bottles.

“We are going to be open in Fall 2015. We have one, two,three, four and five bedroom houses,” Brooke McConnell, leasing agent, said.

The Hamptons are located across the street from Monarch, in between 111 South and the Forum.

Campus Evolution Villages was among the many apartments at the housing fair.

“We are waving their entire move-in fees. This includes application fees and security deposits. No payments until move in day,” Brett Bonner, community ambassador for Campus Evolution Villages, said.

CEV is also hosting a Midnight Madness Party tonight from 7 p.m. until midnight. There will be food, drinks, fun, and prizes. Prizes will be given way every 30 minutes. They are giving away a 55” LED TV at the end. Campus Evolution Villages is located behind Fuzzies and Millhouse at 1699 Statesboro Place Circle.

Southern Downs, formally know as the Avenue, was one of the booths that brought a large crowd. They had a photo booth where students took pictures in Mardi Gras themed clothing. Also, they gave away t-shirts, cups, and chances to win an iPod and gift certificates.

“It’s free to sign up right now and you also get the first month free when you move in,” Amanda, leasing consultant at Southern Downs Apartment complex, said.

Southern Downs is located at 710 Georgia Avenue.

The off campus hosuing fair was today from 11-2 in the Russell Union.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_cta_button call_text=”Make sure to follow us on Twitter for more content like this!” title=”Follow us!” target=”_blank” color=”btn_red” size=”btn-large” position=”cta_align_right” href=”https://twitter.com/TheCircleGSU”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][/vc_column][/vc_row]