Engage Globally

Engage+Globally

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_gallery type=”flexslider_fade” interval=”3″ onclick=”link_image” custom_links_target=”_self” images=”1259,1255,1257,1256,1258″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]

The Global Engagement Fair is inside the Russell Union Ballroom today until 2:30 p.m. This is a great opportunity for Georgia Southern students to learn about the different organizations that Georgia Southern and the community of Statesboro offer. All of the exhibits have a part in engaging the community with global issues.

Scholars of Religion is an organization that teaches students about different religions from around the world. This allows them to have in depth conversations about each religion and apply it to different social contexts. There is a general body meeting Thursday, February 26th at 5 p.m. in the Newton building room 2206. This will be a panel will discuss religion represented in current events and in the media.

Alternative Break is also at the fair explaining the opportunities of mission trips that students can take during different breaks throughout the year. Alternative Break trips are a great way to make a difference in the world, wether it be locally or internationally. You can choose where you want to go and what service you want to do. The application process starts March 2nd and ends on March 22nd.

SASE, also known as Sexual Assault Student Educators is a student organization whose mission is to promote the awareness of sexual assault. SASE hosts a “Walk A Mile In Her Shoes” event on April 9th at 5 p.m. at the Rotunda. This is where men are given three inch high heels to walk in to understand what women go through. Sign up online at www.tinyurl.com/gsuwams2015. There are meetings every Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Russell Union, room 2040.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_cta_button call_text=”Make sure to follow us on Twitter for more content like this!” title=”Follow us!” target=”_blank” color=”btn_red” size=”btn-large” position=”cta_align_right” href=”https://twitter.com/TheCircleGSU”][/vc_column][/vc_row]