Running The Show
March 28, 2024
Women's History Month
March 28, 2024
Pretty and Polished
Pretty and Polished
March 27, 2024

Graduation is Among Us!

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]

Attention upcoming graduates of Georgia Southern! The Grad Gala is here and it’s all about you. The gala is providing all of your graduation needs including Financial Aid, The Alumni Association, Herff Jones, and much more.

The Alumni Association table is promoting their event, “Countdown to Commencement”. Students will get a chance to get resume advice from President Keel. Also, a meet and greet with the Alumni Association Board of Directors will be held. “Countdown to Commencement” will take place on Tuesday, April 28 at the Bishop Alumni Center at 6 – 8 p.m. Free food, door prizes, professional headshots, and giveaways will be provided. Students will also get a chance to win a free diploma frame and class rings.

At Herff Jones’ table, you can order graduation announcements, caps and gowns, and a class ring. There are various packages available for graduates with prices ranging from $85.00 – $144.00. All packages include cap, gown, tassel, and announcements, and are available for on the spot purchase at the table. Students can also order the packages and class rings online at www.herffjones.com/college/gsu.

Career Services will be giving information to students about post graduation plans and who they can talk to in career services pertaining to their major. They have flyers to the 10th Annual Statewide Career Fair, the largest career fair in Georgia. This will take place Tuesday, April 7 at the Cobb Galleria from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.

Other tables at the Gala include: Financial Aid for student loan counseling, Parking and Transportation for students to pay parking tickets and fees, Printing and Postal services for students to order announcements or extra announcements, Office of the Registrar for students to check if they have provided the correct Diploma address and mailing address.

“Check in with the financial aid office helped me because I needed to make sure I didn’t have any holds on my account and being able to pay for cap and gown was probably the most helpful just so I didn’t have to go through it online,” Kaye Montgomery, graduating Multimedia Communication major, said.

“Parking and Transportation was extremely helpful also, because I had a couple of parking tickets that needed to be taken care of so they wouldn’t put a hold on my graduating.”

The Grad Gala is today, March 3 and Wednesday, March 4 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m in the Russell Union ballroom.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image img_link_target=”_self” image=”1365″][vc_single_image image=”1371″ img_link_target=”_self”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_cta_button call_text=”Make sure to follow us on Twitter for more content like this!” title=”Follow us!” target=”_blank” color=”btn_red” size=”btn-large” position=”cta_align_right” href=”https://twitter.com/TheCircleGSU”][/vc_column][/vc_row]