Get a Taste Before the Main Dish

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]

Want a little taste of the farmers market before the real thing?

The University Wellness Center is out at the Rotunda today from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. giving out samples of food from local farmers around Statesboro. Students can try the kale, carrot, herb salad, roasted beet hummus and sliders.

The farmers market will be held next week on March 31 on the Pedestrium near the Carroll Building. This is a chance for local farmers to sell their fresh produce to students.

“The money being spent at the farmers market is a way to support local jobs and businesses and it is a great way for students to connect the people who are growing your food,” Rachel Kiliany, a second year grad student in public health, said.

The farmers market is usually in downtown Statesboro, however, this time, they are bringing it to the campus of Georgia Southern. So be sure to have a taste now to experience what will come next week.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”1549″ img_link_target=”_self”][vc_single_image img_link_target=”_self” image=”1550″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_cta_button call_text=”Make sure to follow us on Twitter for more content like this!” title=”Follow us!” target=”_blank” color=”btn_red” size=”btn-large” position=”cta_align_right” href=”https://twitter.com/TheCircleGSU”][/vc_column][/vc_row]

View Comments (1)