Walking heels the sole

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]

The Sexual Assault Student Educators (SASE) of Georgia Southern University is in the Russell Union today promoting the awareness of sexual violence.

SASE aims to influence discussion among the peers of GSU about the issues of sexual assault.

Laura Agnich, assistant criminal justice professor and planning committee officer of SASE, is running the table today and informing Eagles about the issues the goals of her organization.

“As prevalent as sexual violence is, not enough people are aware of how serious it is,” Agnich said. “Our goal is to educate men and women at GSU about sexual assault factors and improve communication among the community about sexual violence prevention.

To raise awareness this year, SASE is holding their annual “Walk a Mile in her Shoes” walk where both men and women participate by walking in red high heels to emphasize the struggles that women have to go through in regards to rape and gender violence.

Walk a Mile in her Shoes will be on 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 9 at the Rotunda; check-in opens at 3:30 p.m.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image img_link_target=”_self” image=”1661″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_cta_button call_text=”Make sure to follow us on Twitter for more content like this!” title=”Follow us!” target=”_blank” color=”btn_red” size=”btn-large” position=”cta_align_right” href=”https://twitter.com/TheCircleGSU”][/vc_column][/vc_row]