Don’t Ignore the Red Flags

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]

You may notice a line of red flags lining the lawn outside of the Rotunda. Today marks the start of the Red Flag Campaign.

This campaign is to increase national awareness of dating and domestic violence. Participants step up to the Health Services table, spin the wheel and answer a question in relation to domestic violence. Participants can then write out a warning sign of domestic violence onto a red flag and stick it into the ground.

“The importance [of the campaign] is sometimes students are in an abusive relationship and this gives them a chance to identify the warning signs of domestic violence,” La’Shanda Johnson, assistant director of health education, said.

The Red Flag campaign’s purpose is to remove the stigma associated with domestic violence and also to educate people about domestic violence. The campaign is all week and a table will be outside Monday thru Thursday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image img_link_target=”_self” image=”1708″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_cta_button call_text=”Make sure to follow us on Twitter for more content like this!” title=”Follow us!” target=”_blank” color=”btn_red” size=”btn-large” position=”cta_align_right” href=”https://twitter.com/TheCircleGSU”][/vc_column][/vc_row]