A blast from Medieval past

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]

Do you notice a guy outside the rotunda in a medieval torture device?

That device is called a pillory, and if you would like to let out some stress, you can step up and throw a water balloon at the “fool.” Southern Creative Anachronists are charging a dollar for you to throw three water balloons at one of their members to raise money for “Fools War,” a large event for the Society of Creative Anachronism.

Southern Creative Anachronishts is a part of the larger organization the Society for Creative Anachronism, an international non-profit organization that began in California in 1966 and spread across the world. There are currently 19 kingdoms that include members from Korea to Australia. No kingdom is complete without a King and Queen whom are selected through battle.

Southern Creative Anachronishts focuses on teaching members different medieval skills such as making chain maille, sewing and medieval dancing.

“The main theme is to teach members what they want to know,” Keki Canon, literature graduate student, said.

The group will be outside the Rotunda today until 2 p.m. The organization meets weekly on the first floor of the Library every Thursday at 7 p.m.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image img_link_target=”_self” image=”1740″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_cta_button call_text=”Make sure to follow us on Twitter for more content like this!” title=”Follow us!” target=”_blank” color=”btn_red” size=”btn-large” position=”cta_align_right” href=”https://twitter.com/TheCircleGSU”][/vc_column][/vc_row]