South Georgia Introduces the Tormenta FC Soccer Team

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3EVRs-vCMg”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]

South Georgia Tormenta FC was unveiled yesterday as the new identity of the Premier Development League franchise to play in Statesboro starting in the 2016 season.

“Pros have to start somewhere. And for all of us here in Statesboro, South Georgia, we look forward to all the pros that are going to start here,” Team President Darin Van Tassell said.

The name for the team was chosen from more than 2500 fans suggesting almost 200 different name options. Tormenta FC was picked for its Spanish meaning of storm.

“The youth and adults in the area that are passionate about the sport seem to be eager to embrace a minor-league atmosphere. Tormenta FC will fill that void in this market. Our community loves soccer, and we now hope they will grow to love Tormenta FC as their team,” Jeremy Aven, team owner and general partner, said in a press release.

The team will unveil its new 2016 uniforms at a later time.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_cta_button call_text=”Make sure to follow us on Twitter for more content like this!” title=”Follow us!” target=”_blank” color=”btn_red” size=”btn-large” position=”cta_align_right” href=”https://twitter.com/TheCircleGSU”][/vc_column][/vc_row]