Navigator Grill ready to serve up another great semester

By Zach Logan, News Editor

Each day during the semester, the Navigator Grill food truck feeds many hungry ASU students and faculty on the go.  Stacy Callis, Director of Operations for Sodexo Dining and Conference Services, says that since opening in October 2013, the food truck has been successful.

Callis says, “During peak meal periods, a lot of students will be gathered around to mingle, enjoy a good meal and conversation.” The campus food truck is a first for Armstrong as well as the University System of Georgia. Callis mentions that the truck was designed, “to offer students and the Armstrong community a fun, exciting, mobile alternative to their dining experience.”

ASU student and Navigator Grill employee, TJ Vaughn, has been working on the truck for a few months. He says he
enjoys working at the Navigator Grill, adding, “It’s a really cool job, especially being a student.” Vaughn says it is convenient to go to school and work within the same location, and doesn’t mind the small space. “My coworkers are really awesome people. It makes it a really easy job as far as an environment to work in.”

The food truck offers a variety of favorites from Philly cheesesteaks to funnel cakes. Callis mentions that the Navigator Grill also serves up daily specials. As for Vaughn, he recommends the wings with the Tangy Carolina sauce. The Navigator Grill is open Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday through Sunday from  5 to 10
p.m.

This semester, students can use their meal plan at the Navigator Grill between the hours of 8–10
p.m. Monday–Thursday. Each card swipe is equivalent to $4 and students can pay their remaining balance with cash, debit, credit, dining dollars or flex funds. Callis says that for now the Navigator Grill will sit at the end of University Drive between University Hall and Compass Point. She also notes that the food truck could change location and hours to coincide with special events on campus. To learn more about the food truck or to keep up with hours and daily specials, follow the Navigator Grill on Twitter @NavigatorGrill.