“Beyond Barbie: Does Women’s History Month (Still) Matter?” attendees including the host of the event Dr. Felicity Turner (second to the right).
Beyond Barbie:
Eagles New Strengths

Catch the Drift

By Zach Logan, News Editor

Our news editor gives you a look at what’s trending, so you don’t get left ashore.

Days of rocking bedhead and pajama pants in the McDonald’s drive-thru just to grab a McMuffin before the cutoff time are officially over. The fast-food giant began offering all-day breakfast nationwide this past Tuesday, Oct. 6.

According to the Chicago Tribune, a research firm found that more Americans are opting for breakfast on-the-go rather than making a lunch or dinner stop. The Chicago Tribune also notes that McDonald’s has seen a drop in sales over the past few years due to popular restaurant chains like Panera and Chipotle.

McDonald’s hopes that the addition of all-day breakfast will bring more customers through its doors. The all-day breakfast menu is limited to certain items and varies from store to store.

GOP presidential hopeful and current Florida senator Marco Rubio got “Trump’d” earlier this week. ABC News reports that on Monday, Oct. 5, Rubio’s D.C. office received a care package from GOP opponent, Donald Trump. The package included twenty-four bottles of “Trump Ice Natural Spring Water,” Trump towels and bumper stickers. There was also a note included in that read, “Since you’re always sweating, we thought you could use some water. Enjoy!”

Rubio is known throughout the nation for constantly having a bottle of water by his side. ABC News mentioned a time in 2013 when Rubio “interrupted his speech to chug some water” during his State of the Union response. The Florida senator also joked during last month’s GOP debate, mentioning that he brought his own water due to California’s recent drought.  When asked about the care package he received earlier this week, Rubio told FOX, “I drink water. So what? And I only sweat when it’s hot.”

Speaking of being thirsty, Pepsi is releasing a special edition called “Pepsi Perfect,” which was featured in the 1989 film, “Back to the Future Part II.” You may remember that Oct. 21, 2015 marks the day that Marty McFly (Michael J Fox) traveled through time. In the movie, McFly purchases a Pepsi Perfect at “Café 80s.”

Pepsi will only make 6,500 bottles and will sell the bottles for $20.15 each. Fans can purchase the special edition bottle online, but Pepsi hints that the bottles could be found in some stores. The company says it will release the information closer to the release date via social media.