Preview: Kylesa @ the Jinx

By Kayleigh Leadbetter, Staff Writer

Savannahs very own sludge metalband, Kylesa, will perform at The Jinx this Friday, October 9 at 10 p.m.

Since forming in 2001, Kylesa has completed seven studio albums. The show at The Jinx comes just one week after the release of the bands seventh album, “Exhausting Fire.” Savannah is just one stop of many for current band members Phillip Cope, Laura Pleasants, and Carl McGinley on their national tour.

“Exhausting Fire” presents a slightly different sound than what fans have grown accustomed to. It incorporates elements of psychedelic rock, Goth and death rock, and new/space age Americana, while still maintaining the bands punk/metal roots.

Recorded at the Jam Room in Columbia, SC, “Exhausting Fire” is a result of Kylesas members lending their hands to all aspects of the album. Cope not only worked with his co-vocalist, Pleasants, to create a cohesive, integrated sound, but he also produced and did engineering work on the record.

The show at The Jinx is open to all ages. Come out early to catch Indian Handcraftsa progressive metal duo out of Ontario, Canadabefore Kylesa hits the stage.

For more information about the band and the “Exhausting Fire” tour, follow Kylesa on Facebook and Twitter, or check out www.kylesa.com.