Catch the DEAL

Catch the DEAL

By Zach Logan, News Editor

Black Friday, one of the busiest shopping days of the year, is quickly approaching but many shoppers will have to serve their Thanksgiving dinner early if they want to grab the best deals. In recent years, a number of retailers have opened their doors on Thanksgiving to allow for more revenue and that trend continues this year. So whether you plan to be the first at the mall or wait until the actual Black Friday, here’s a guide for what you can expect this year.

Walmart

Walmart will open its doors at 6 p.m. Thanksgiving Thursday. In years past, the store would release certain deals throughout the night and into the day but this year, Walmart says that all deals and bargains will begin once the doors open. Shoppers can save on televisions, tablets, fitness wearables like the Fitbit and more. For those not wanting to venture out into the hustle and bustle, the retail giant will begin their online deals at 3 a.m. Thanksgiving morning. For a preview of the deals, smartphone owners can download the Walmart app.

Target

Target has already started some of its deals. The retailer offered certain Black Friday deals to online shoppers Monday, Nov. 9. Like last year, the store will open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving and offer similar deals like their competitor, Walmart. A number of deals will even come with a free gift card. For those who shop on Black Friday and spend at least $75 will receive a 20 percent off coupon for their next purchase between Dec. 4-13.  If the virtual shopping cart is more of your style, the retailer is offering free shipping on all orders.

Oglethorpe Mall

For those who will be in Savannah over the holidays, the Oglethorpe Mall plans to also open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving. The mall will then close at midnight and reopen at 6 a.m. on Black Friday. The Oglethorpe Mall includes a number of stores like American Eagle, Victoria’s Secret, Forever 21, and Express.

For those west of Savannah, Tanger Outlets in Pooler will open at 6 p.m. The outlet features a variety of stores like Nike, Michael Kors, Polo Ralph Lauren and many more. If you are unable to make it to the outlets, you can still save money on your next visit. Year-round, Tanger offers a free coupon book to university students who present their student ID at Tanger’s Shopper Services.

Store hours and promotions are subject to change based on location and availability. For more on retailers’ deals, check out their Black Friday ads online or in your local newspaper.