Running The Show
March 28, 2024
Women's History Month
March 28, 2024
Pretty and Polished
Pretty and Polished
March 27, 2024

Dez Bryant’s tirade goes viral

by Tyrone Townsend, Staff Writer

This past week, Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant’s frustrations boiled over during a heated exchange with a local reporter in Dallas. Bryant and the reporter remained in the verbal exchange for at least several minutes.

Bryant was upset about articles portraying him in an inaccurate fashion and he said he was tired of him and his teammates being disrespected. Bryant yelled multiple obscenities at the reporter in a video that quickly made the rounds in the sports world.

Bryant immediately became the subject of a lot of criticism in the NFL. His public perception has since taken a lot of damage, but this is just the latest incident in a long line of rants in the past.

Bryant’s frustration could be warranted by some, however. The Cowboys have had trouble this season thanks to long-term injuries to two of their best key players as both quarterback Tony Romo and Bryant have missed a number of games this year.

The facts are out there showing that the Cowboys have been limited. They are missing their Pro Bowl quarterback and his replacements have been mediocre at best, with Brandon Weeden throwing for 738 yards and two touchdowns with two interceptions in four games and Matt Cassel throwing 809 yards and four touchdowns against five interceptions in four games as well.

The Cowboys have lost seven straight games and have all but been eliminated from the playoff picture, just one year after winning the NFC East and going to the NFC Divisional round of the playoffs.

The total of seven straight losses, five of which came down to one possession, does not project the essence of league contenders. Bryant is often considered a passionate player and a morale booster for his team, but some would say that his rant in this situation was not best for the team.