New Tech Hub offers tech support to students

Elijah Clarke, Staff Writer

img_1669

TechHub was officially revealed on Sep. 1 during a ribbon cutting ceremony in the Memorial College Center. TechHub is a new service provided by IT Services that will make it more convenient for students to receive help with many of their technical issues.

The TechHub office is located on the first floor lobby of the Memorial College Center (MCC). Their hours of operation are 8 a.m–5 p.m., Monday–Friday.

The event began with a speech by the TechHub president which was mainly aimed at first year students. TechHub offers tech support for Armstrong students, faculty and staff. Their support includes troubleshooting for computers, cell phones, tablets as well as wifi, software help and more.

After the closing remarks, Armstrong President Linda Bleicken thanked everyone for coming and commended those who made TechHub possible. This includes IT Services, student affairs, and staff within the MCC.

Dr. Bleicken and three other TechHub associates counted backward from 3 and cut the ribbon to officially launch TechHub.

Many students are pleased about the complimentary services TechHub offers:

Junior Biology major Justin Cash said, “I’m glad I don’t have to walk all the way to IT Services near the Armstrong Center just to figure out what’s wrong with my computer or any of my devices if they have a problem.”

Jamielee Korololvich, a junior majoring in nursing said, “I have problems connecting to the wifi sometimes, and now I feel more secure about any tech problems I have.”

Not only does TechHub have a representative from IT Services present during its hours of operation, but it is also outfitted with multiple charging stations, wifi and work/study areas. TechHub can specifically assist students with logging into Port, connecting to wifi and checking their school email.

For more information on TechHub and the services they provide, visit armstrong.edu/techhub. They can also be reached through emailing helpdesk@armstrong.edu or at  912-344-2518.