We were promised Sushi

By: Dan Hayes, Editor-in-Chief

chief.inkwell@gmail.com

Armstrong campus students continue to be fed a-lot promises regarding Eagle Dining Services that have so far led to nothing but empty stomachs.

At the end of last semester Armstrong students had six different options for dining on campus; The Galley, The Perk, Pirates Pantry, World of Wings, Quiznos Subs and Navigator Grill. This semester there are three options for dining; The Galley, The Perk, and Gus Mart (previously Pirates Pantry.)

The two empty dining spots in the MCC are currently being renovated to become a Starbucks and Chick-fil-a. In the meantime students are forced to choose between The Galley, The Perk or Gus Mart.

This is a struggle for students not on the meal plan. “I opted out of the meal plan” says Brandy Main, Secondary Education major. “I didn’t realize there was going to be no other options than The Galley.” Adding to the struggles for on campus students is the fact that Gus mart has less fresh food options and closes much earlier than the Pirates Pantry did.

The Pirates Pantry had a wide selection of sandwiches, salads, yogurt parfaits, etc available for purchase and was also open until 11pm on weekdays and 1am on the weekends. Gus mart has little more than gas station fare, closes at 8pm and is not open on the weekends.  

But wait…there’s more!

Eagle Dining Services would like us to wait some more as they renovate the food truck and begin renovations in University Hall for Sushi with Gusto. With such few options the campus is forced to do nothing but wait.