Patriots and Colts Battle in New England Thursday Night

Taylor Tyson

By: Ethan Smith, News Editor

es15173@georgiasouthern.edu

The New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts will face off in the first Thursday Night Football game in October.

New England got off to another slow start this season by dropping two-straight to the Jaguars and Lions, but Tom Brady and the Patriots destroyed the Dolphins 38-7 at home this past Sunday. Brady threw two interceptions in the contest, but the real star for the Patriots was rookie RB Sony Michel. The Georgia native had his first big game, rushing for 112 yards and a touchdown to cap off an amazing day for the Patriots.

As for the Colts, the story from their game was deciding to go for it on fourth-down in their own territory instead of punting and possibly tying. The Texans took advantage, and consequently won the game 37-34 in overtime and picked up their first win of the season. Andrew Luck will enter the game against New England by coming off of a four-touchdown performance in the loss. The Colts enter the matchup 1-3.

New England seemingly found its identity against Miami, which is not good news for anyone in the AFC. The matchup between the Colts and Patriots will likely come down to who turns over the ball the most, and with the New England defense finding its way on Sunday, the Patriots will likely roll against a Colts team that struggles to stop opposing offenses.