Chick-Fil-A Still Closed, Expected by February

By: Ethan Smith, News Editor 

For those of you with a meal plan or you general Chick-Fil-A lovers, the wait continues for Chick-Fil-A to open in the Multicultural Center food court.

Many students here at the Armstrong campus expected the Chick-Fil-A to be open here on the Savannah campus when they came back for the Spring 2019 semester but when they got back, the restaurant was still closed.

Chick-Fil-A is currently available for students in Statesboro, with $4.00 off any purchase coming with the successful payment of a meal plan. The same should be true for students here in Savannah, and rumors have circulated that training for staff members is currently in progress and that the restaurant on campus should be open in mid-February.

As a token for students and their patience, Eagle Dining offered a coupon through email regarding the Chick-Fil-A on campus. The coupon allows a student one free beverage from a valid Eagle Dining establishment or a free brewed beverage from The Perk in the Student Union. You must purchase an item from either place to get the item for free, so the incentive does come with a price tag.

Menu options have been shown already and are shown below.

20190114_14185120190114_141856

The menu shows that chicken sandwiches and nuggets, made available in both a fried and grilled form, will be available for purchase. Fries will also be available, along with standard drink options and desserts.

As the Inkwell finds out more information regarding Chick-Fil-A and other Eagle Dining news, we will keep you up-to-date on what we know and what you want to know.