COVID-19 has affected our print schedule. Regardless, we’re still working.

A Letter from The George-Anne’s Executive Board

Dear Georgia Southern Community,

Whether we like it or not, COVID-19 has affected our world as we know it. 

The way we learn has changed, the way we interact with others has changed, the way we live our lives has changed. It’s difficult to remember our pre-COVID society.

The George-Anne Media Group has also been affected by COVID-19; positively and, unfortunately, negatively. 

On the positive side, we’re happy to report that just during last semester we had nearly 300,000 page views from over 150,000 users. 

More and more people are consuming our content than ever before. We’re so thankful for your continued readership. 

On the negative side, the COVID-19 pandemic has depressed the print advertisement market. Ad sales are critical to maintain our printing costs. 

That’s why we’re writing to you today. 

Our Student Media Executive Board, made up of the five student division leaders in our organization, made the decision in the fall to transition from printing weekly to printing bi-weekly in an effort to save money. 

This is not to say our content will change at all. In fact, this is the only major change we had to make—our team is still being paid, the lights are still on and we’re still working. 

We’re still working. 

We’re committed to keeping our audience informed, holding the powerful accountable and helping our audience understand the world around them. 

When this pandemic ends, our goal is to resume print production back weekly. That’s our promise to you.

As an Executive Board, we are so thrilled for the upcoming semester. We appreciate your continued support, engagement and, of course, readership. 

We’re still working.

Sincerely, 

Ben Barks, Editor-in-Chief, The Studio

Andy Cole, Editor-in-Chief, The George-Anne

Jasmine Coye, PR and Marketing Manager

Aminatta Mbow, Editor-in-Chief, Creative

Jenna Wiley, Editor-in-Chief, The Reflector Magazine