Georgia Southern education program receives master ranking

William Cobb, Correspondent

Georgia Southern University’s 36 hybrid program M. Ed. in Higher Education Administration has just been ranked No. 2 in the country by educational organization BestValueSchools.org

The site focuses on examining online educational opportunities and resources for upcoming students, helping them to find the best school for their interests.

The ranking of GS’ master’s program was decided by an analysis of several factors, including yearly tuition rates, faculty experience, student resources, total enrollment and graduation rates.

“To be ranked as No. 2 on this list of excellent schools from around the country is an honor,” Higher Education Administration Program Director Daniel Calhoun said. “More importantly, being recognized as a best value institution is important when considering graduate programs and student loans. Knowing that a quality program exists at a reasonable cost could be a deciding factor for potential students who may be facing economic challenges, and our dedicated faculty are ready to serve them should they make that decision.”

GS’ M. Ed. in Higher Education Administration is a 36 credit-hour hybrid program that includes coursework and firsthand experience in the higher education setting, and offers both online and in-person classes to accommodate students of any need. The program is also entirely flexible, allowing for completion on either a part-time or full-time basis.

Admission to the program is accepted year-round. For more information, visit the College of Education’s website.