How to get your second dose

Fernanda Camacho Hauser, Correspondent

As vaccine appointments are made later and later into the semester, some students will have to make a return to campus after the semester ends to receive their second dose from Georgia Southern or find a different vaccine distributor.

“Please note that those who receive their first dose of the Moderna vaccine on April 30 will be due to receive their second dose of the vaccine on May 28, after the semester ends,” said an alert on MyGS.

Additionally, anyone who received their first dose off campus can schedule an appointment to get their second with GS.

Second-dose vaccinations on campus could also be in a different place than where you got your first dose, so make sure to check your email for any changes.

Those unable to return to campus for their second dose can look through the Georgia Department of Public Health’s Vaccine Locator, and those who plan on leaving the state can use the CDC website for a Vaccine Finder as well as links to any state’s health department.

When making your appointment for your second dose, keep in mind which vaccine you got originally, since the different types are not interchangeable.

“The safety and efficacy of a mixed-product series have not been evaluated,” wrote the CDC, “Both doses of the series should be completed with the same product.”