Move-In Week at Georgia Southern

Evelyn Spear, Photo Editor

• Lili Renault greets students and their families as they enter the Centennial Place parking lot. As cars pulled in, they were directed toward an area where several volunteers waited to assist with moving the new students into their dorms.

• Signs throughout the parking lot help to direct the flow of traffic toward the unloading zone. This unloading zone was equipped with blue bins on wheels to make the process go by faster.

• Renault directs the flow of traffic into the Centennial Place parking lot. Volunteers were available to answer any questions that students and their families may have about the process.

• Veloria Gadson and Tasha Hamilton load a bin with water bottles with the help of Jacey Dowdy, a volunteer. Dowdy was one of many volunteers that waited in the unloading zone.

• Hamilton places water bottles into a bin. Hamilton, the aunt of freshman Ka’Leah Gadson, came to help her niece move into her new dorm in Centennial Place.

• Veloria Gadson places toilet paper into a bin. She is visiting Georgia Southern to help her daughter, Ka’Leah Gadson move into her dorm.

• Pictured from left, Jennings, Helgason and Mccareeth begin to move the bins toward Jennings’s new dorm room. She will be a resident of Centennial Place this year.

• Pictured from left, K’sia Orr, Kenneth Edouazin, Ray Baucham and Deandre Coles gather the last of Orr’s boxes. The group is helping Orr move into her dorm in Watson Hall.

• Pictured from left, Kenneth Edouazin, Deandre Coles, Ray Baucham and K’sia Orr begin moving items toward Watson Hall. Orr is a fashion merchandising major and states that she is excited to explore what her major has to offer.