Uh oh, midterms: Your tutoring and mental health resources

Briyanna Thompson, Correspondent

With midterms and other exams coming up college students can use all the study and mental health resources to help them get through these next 2 weeks. 

Get help with your schoolwork.

Students can find help writing essays and working through math and science problems in the Academic Success Center (ASC) located in the Henderson library on the first floor located on campus. ASC also offers student-centered services in tutoring, mentoring, testing, success coaching, consultations, and workshops in order to help students in any way that they may need. 

The ASC is open Monday-Thursday from noon to 10 p.m. Students can schedule an appointment through the MYGS portal, under the Advisement resources tab and click ‘Make an advising appointment’ and follow their instructions

Take care of yourself.

Along with midterms can come stress, anxiety and many other crummy feelings. The counseling center offers services such as individual counseling, relationship counseling, group therapy, solution sessions, workshops & open groups and case management. The Counseling Center is tagged by full time psychologists and counselors who provide services at no additional cost to students enrolled full time.

The Counseling Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., located off of Forest Drive, in building 435. Students can make an appointment by calling 912-478-5541 as the counseling center does not schedule appointments online or by e-mail as confidentiality cannot be ensured over the internet.
GS students can find more information about Tutoring and Counseling and other students’ resources on the GS homepage under the Student Life tab.