Looking for somewhere to take your special someone? Try these local date night restaurants 

Lauren Sabia, Editor-In-Chief

So you’ve shopped for the flowers, chocolates, anything red and pink in preparation for Valentine’s Day, but have you secured your dinner plans?  

Although the restaurant variety in Statesboro can sometimes feel limited to either barbecue or wings (which are still great options), there are some diamonds in the ruff that would be perfect for you and your valentine, or just some pals, to spend a fantastic evening over delicious food. 

Here are five restaurants, varying in price, right around Georgia Southern’s campus to keep in mind when planning your holiday of love. 

Beaver House Restaurant ($) 

Located in a charming white, columned mansion is this family-style, southern restaurant where drinking sweet tea is a must, according to their website. They do take reservations, and recommend making one for holidays like this. 

Bull and Barrel Steakhouse ($$$)

Although a newer establishment in Statesboro, this restaurant has quickly become a beloved, dining place in the community. Because of this, reservations book up fast, so keep that in mind as we quickly approach Feb. 14. They serve beautiful, hand-cut steaks, small plates and an assortment of other menu items. 

Coconut Thai Cuisine ($$)

This restaurant serves traditional Thai and Asian-American fusion dishes with vegan and gluten-free options, according to their website. They have a special Valentine’s Day menu as well where you can choose your first course, second course, and a dessert. Make your reservations today. 

Orchid Asian Restaurant ($)

Serving hibachi, sushi, sake and more, this Asian fusion dining spot will provide a romantic experience for your date night. Last Valentine’s Day, they even rolled the pieces of fish into roses. 

Tandoor and Tap ($$)

A downtown Statesboro favorite, this pick serves authentic, Indian cuisine and a wide selection of cocktails to try. Despite not usually being open on Mondays, they will be serving Valentine’s Day dinner from 4-9 p.m.

While these restaurant options are on the ‘fancier’ side of what this town has to offer, and are some top picks for date nights, you do not need to feel pressured to break the bank. 

Sometimes grabbing a Chick-fil-A meal and heading to Sweetheart circle for a picnic with your ‘sweetheart’ is all you need. Have an amazing Valentine’s Day!