Find Your Nest: Statesboro, GA Housing Options

Noelle Walker

From dorms to apartment living, Statesboro, Georgia has many housing options for students. However, finding the ideal place to live that is affordable and of great quality can be stressful. I’ve put together a list of (most of) the residences available in Statesboro.

Southern Downs

Southern Downs’ clubhouse is 24 hours which is perfect if you want to play pool with your friends at 2 a.m. or watch television all night.

Floor Plans: Prices may vary

• 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom: $529
  • 2 Bedroom/2 ½ Bathroom: $549
  • 3 Bedroom/2 Bathroom: $449
  • 4 Bedroom/2 Bathroom: $349
  • Amenities (May differ with floorplan): Washer & Dryer, walk-in closets, etc

Savannah Bell, a junior anthropology major, said, “Southern Downs is a nice place to live, and the pool is super nice. The only thing is that the apartments are a little small, and there’s not a whole lot of storage space. Other than that, it’s a great place for the rent price.”

Axis

Don’t worry about buying a parking pass on campus because Axis is located on Georgia Southern’s bus route. You can even take a dip in the hot tub before going to class.

Floor Plans: Prices may vary

• 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom: $525
  • 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom: $440
  • 4 Bedroom/4 Bathroom: $400

Amenities (May differ with floor plan):  Fully furnished, washer & dryer, internet, cable (HBO & Cinemax included), community amenities, etc.

Russell Land, a junior mathematics major, said, “Some people are turned off by Axis from their crime in the past, but I think it is one of the safest places to live near campus. It is a gated community with a security guard. It is now only exclusive to students, and it is a ten minute walk to any building on campus. It is also close to the blue bus route. For the price, it has got to be the best value in Statesboro. Most places like Hamptons, Aspen, etc. are not worth the price.”

Monarch 301

Monarch 301 is located just minutes away from campus. With its multiple floor plans, huge pool, 24 hour gym, and more, it is sure to have something to make anyone happy.

Floor Plans: Prices may vary

• 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom (Two Floor plans): $645/$675
  • 4 Bedroom/4 ½ Bathroom (Two Floor Plans): $545/$539

Amenities (May differ with floor plan): Dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, internet, refrigerator, etc.

Caleigh Shaw, a senior writing and linguistics major, said, “I really like living at Monarch because of its proximity to campus, and it’s a complex that makes me feel safe with needing a key to get in the building. I also like the floor plans and the furniture it comes with.”

The Vault

The Vault is a prime spot to live with your three other friends. It’s so close to the stadium that you can just walk to Paulson on game days.

Floor Plan: Price may vary

• 4 Bedroom/4 Bathroom: $389

Amenities (May differ with floor plan): Washer & Dryer, balcony, refrigerator, community amenities, etc.

Ashley Reyes, a sophomore secondary education major with a concentration in biology, said, “Personally, I like that it’s so inexpensive for being so close to campus and is all inclusive!”

Forum at Statesboro

Paired with a car repair center, 24-hour fitness center, and a resort style pool, the Forum is a splendid place to live.

Floor Plans: Prices may vary

• Studio: $839
  • 1 Bedroom/1 Bathroom: $864
  • 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom: $589
  • 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom: $499
  • 4 Bedroom/4 Bathroom: $449

Amenities (May differ with floor plan):  Fully furnished, Washer & Dryer, Cable TV, Internet, Electricity, Water, Sewer, Trash, etc.

Sarah Wong, a sophomore exercise science major, said, “I like its location. It’s close to campus and other restaurants.”

The Connection at Statesboro

What’s better than one swimming pool? TWO swimming pools.

Floor Plans: Prices may vary

• 1 Bedroom/1 Bathroom: $899
  • 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom: $509
  • 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom: $429/$435
  • 4 Bedroom/4 Bathroom: $379

Amenities (May differ with floor plan):  Fully furnished, Washer & Dryer, pantries, community amenities, etc.

Travis Cobb, a junior music education major, said, “My favorite part about living at The Connection has been their roommate matching system. I’m a Southern Pride Marching Band member who signed last minute for a four bedroom apartment, and they matched me with three other Southern Pride members. I have not had any issues with them in the two years I have lived here.”

Market 100

Forget about printer points if you live here. With Market 100’s computer lounge, you get free printing.

Floor Plans: Prices may vary

• 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom: $375
  • 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom: $320
  • 4 Bedroom/4 Bathroom: $220

Amenities (May differ with floor plan): Cable package with HBO Go, kitchen with a breakfast bar, Washer & Dryer, community amenities, etc.

Chandler Gibbs, a junior accounting major, said, “I enjoy living at Market 100 because of the affordable prices.”

The George

Live in luxury when you stay at the The George. If you don’t believe me, look at the pictures on their website.

Floor Plans: Prices may vary

• 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom: $449/$469

Amenities (May differ with floor plan):  Vaulted ceiling plans available, furniture package available, private patios, washer & dryer, walk-in closet, etc.

Bailey Ellis, a leasing professional at The George, said, “It’s relatively close to campus, so you wouldn’t have to waste gas…It’s one of the cheapest two bedroom apartments in Statesboro.”

111 South Apartments

Float along the lazy river when you stay at 111 South Apartments.

Floor Plans: Prices may vary

• 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom: $520
  • 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom (Two Plans): $445
  • 4 Bedroom/4 Bathroom (Two Plans): $415
  • 5 Bedroom/5 Bathroom: $420

Amenities (May differ with floor plan):  Washer & dryer, walk-in closets, black appliances, community amenities, etc.

Stacia Johnson, a senior child and family development major, said, “I like the modern style appearance that the apartment has, how spacious the rooms are, as well as how quick maintenance responds to service requests. I also love how close the apartments are to campus.”

The Hamptons

With its neighborhood-like atmosphere, The Hamptons is sure to make you feel at home.

Floor Plans: Prices may vary

• 1 Bedroom/1 Bathroom: $860
  • 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom: $625/$750
  • 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom: $620
  • 4 Bedroom/4 Bathroom: $580
  • 5 Bedroom/5 Bathroom: $545

Amenities (May differ with floor plan):  Appliances, 24 hour clubhouse, 24 hour fitness center, resident lounge, etc.

Hudson Radford, an early childhood major, said, “Living at the Hamptons is really nice. I love the people and the pool…is really amazing! This place is like home away from home. I am looking forward to having three more great years here.

The Islands at Statesboro

Have an assignment due you just remembered at 3 a.m.? Don’t worry about driving over to the Henderson Library. With The Island’s 24 hour computer lab, you can finish that assignment and still have time to catch a few zzz’s.

Floor Plans: Prices may vary

• 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom
  • 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom Duplex
  • 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom House: not listed on website

Amenities (May differ with floor plan):  Pool, computer lab, free tanning bed, etc.

Laura Akins, a community assistant at The Islands, said, “The Islands is the perfect place for students to live because it is beautiful, peaceful, AND affordable! Our floor plans ensure that you have your own personal space, while also giving you and your roommates a ‘right at home’ feeling. The layout of the neighborhood offers plenty of space to go for a run, ride a bike, and walk your pets. We truly have something to offer everyone…come get on Island Time right here in Statesboro!”

Aspen Heights

Worried about living here because you don’t have a car? Aspen Heights has its own personal shuttle to take you to and from campus.

Floor Plans: Prices may vary

• 2 Bedroom (different layouts available on the website): $584
  • 3 Bedroom: $509
  • 4 Bedroom: $529
  • 5 Bedroom: $519

Amenities (May differ with floor plan):  Movie theater, private shuttle, etc. Each house has a guest bathroom.  

Cambridge

Cambridge at Southern is separated into two parts: The Palms and The Pines. The Palms has more upbeat and community setting, and The Pines has more of a calm, peaceful environment. It has the perfect place for the introvert and extrovert.

The Palms Floor Plans (Prices may vary)

• 1 Bedroom/1 Bathroom: $815
  • 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom: $525
  • 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom: $445
  • 4 Bedroom/4 Bathroom Townhouse: $485
  • 4 Bedroom/2 Bathroom: $399

The Pines Floor Plans (Prices may vary)

• 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom: $445
  • 4 Bedroom/2 Bathroom: $375
  • 4 Bedroom/4 Bathroom: $410

Amenities (May differ with floor plan):  Washer & dryer, utilities included, community amenities, etc.

Brittany Hollowell, a mechanical engineering sophomore, said, “Well for the cost, Cambridge is a really good apartment. It comes fully furnished with utilities included and unlimited. It also helps that there is a school bus stop there, so I don’t need to buy a parking pass.”

Copper Beech

Whether you want a place all to yourself or want to live with your friends, Copper Beech has multiple floor plans to choose from.

Floor Plans (Prices may vary)

• 1 Bedroom/1 Bathroom: $780
  • 2 Bedroom/2 ½ Bathroom: $525
  • 3 Bedroom/3 ½ Bathroom: $450
  • 4 Bedroom/4 ½ Bathroom: $430

Furniture Package: $10                                                       

Amenities (May differ with floor plan):  Internet, Cable TV, Electricity & Water/Sewer $50 per person limit a month, in-unit laundry, parking, and community amenities)

Grove at Statesboro

Have a fun evening at the Grove with your friends relaxing by the fire pit, grilling, or playing volleyball.  

Floor Plans (Prices may vary)

• 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom
  • 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom: Prices not listed online

Amenities (May differ with floor plan):  walk-in closet, modern furniture, washer & dryer, community amenities, etc.

Patriana Griffiths, a sophomore biology major, said, “The convenience of where the apartment is compared to the Neighborhood Market Walmart and campus [are] honestly the best things about living here.”

The Garden District

According to The Garden District’s website on their Statesboro page, “the exterior design is fashioned upon New Orleans’ historic Garden District and famous French Quarter.”  If this doesn’t reel you in, then what will?

Floor Plans (Prices may vary)

• 1 Bedroom Studio
  • 1 Bedroom
  • 2 Bedroom
  • 3 Bedroom

Call for pricing, and there is more information on their website.

Amenities (May differ with floor plan):  Internet, cable, private balcony and courtyard, etc.

On-Campus Housing

Staying on campus is the fastest way to get to class. Georgia Southern University gives students many on-campus housing options. This includes Centennial Place, University Villas, Southern Pines, Southern Courtyard, Eagle Village, Freedom’s Landing, Watson Pods, and Kennedy Hall.

Each dorm has many floor plan options to choose from, and the cost listed is the projected yearly cost.

Morgan Hendricks, a freshman biology major that lives at Centennial Place, said, “My favorite thing about living on campus is being so close to everything. It makes you feel so involved and included! Being surrounded by other college students gives a great opportunity to make new friends and meet people you wouldn’t otherwise!”

Madison Coyne, a sophomore chemistry pre-medicine major, said, “I like living at Freedom’s for the convenience of living so close to campus. Although the dorms are expensive, there are many positives to living on campus. The stadium is just a short walk down the street. I also like the comfort of knowing that campus police patrol the area, so I know I’m always safe.”

The sooner you sign the lease for your new home the better. Lots of these options offer perks if you sign up in a certain amount of time. There are pros to each of these options, and hopefully one spoke to you!