Academic Reminders and Deadlines

Vanessa Countryman, Editor-in-Chief

Spring 2023 semester has begun and here is what you need to know.

What’s new: Deadline to drop or add classes for 2023 Spring Semester full term courses is at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday.

January:

• Thursday, January 12, is also the last day to change your major for the spring term.
  • Friday, January 13, $100 late registration fees begin.
  • On Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday, January 16, all administrative offices will be closed and there will be no classes. 
  • January 27 is the final date for undergraduate and graduate students to apply for Spring 2023 and Summer 2023 graduation. 

February:

• February 1 will be the date of the cancellation of spring classes for non-payments. This includes full term and minimester I.

March:

• March 6 is the last day to withdraw from full term class without academic penalty.
  • March 6-10 SARC (Student Accessibility Resource Center), Learning Support Early Registration for Fall 2023 begins.
  • March 13-18 Spring break for students. Administrative offices and residence halls will be open.
  • March 20, early registration for Fall 2023 begins (students should view WINGS for individual date and time).

April:

• April 7 is the final date to hold terminal or comprehensive examination, theses or dissertation defenses.
  • April 14 is the final deadline for University System of Georgia full-time employees to apply for the Employee Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) for Summer 2023.
  • April 14 Employee Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) registration for Summer 2023, via the web beginning at 8:30 a.m.
  • April 21 Deadline to submit electronic theses and dissertations to College of Graduate Studies for committee approval.
  • May 1 is the last day of full-term classes.
  • May 2 – 6 final exams for full-term classes.
  • May 5 Deadline to submit final approved and verified electronic theses or dissertations to College of Graduate Studies.
  • May 7 Statesboro campus residence halls close for non-graduating students at noon.
  • May 7 Armstrong campus residence halls close for non-graduating students at noon.