Office of student life to host volunteer fair

By Ashleigh Thompson, Staff Writer

Do you need volunteer hours or you feel the need to give back to the community, but you don’t know how to get involved? Mark your calendars for Armstrong’s Volunteer Fair held in the Student Union Ballroom on Wednesday, September 17th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. “The volunteer fair is an opportunity for Savannah organizations who have volunteer needs to connect with our students,” Kate Steiner, Assistant Dean of Student Life said. “Students interested in getting more involved with volunteer service should attend.”

There are many volunteering opportunities available at the Volunteer Fair. Some major organizations attending include United Way HandsOn Savannah, Keep Savannah Beautiful, Young Life, and Humane Society for Greater Savannah. A full list of the organizations that will be present at the fair and other major organizations in the Savannah area can be found on the Volunteering Opportunities page under Student Life on  Armstrong’s homepage.

Set aside some time on Sept. 17.  and stop in at the Volunteer Fair. Also, don’t forget to download the SGA app. Vivian Gonzalez, a junior here at Armstrong, said that’s how she found out about the fair. “I need volunteer hours, and it’s a good way to find out about scholarships.”  To find out more information, visit Armstrong’s Volunteering Opportunities page. Happy volunteering, Pirates!