Homecoming Events continue through the week

Lindsay Futch

Beginning on October 9, 2017, students have been able to participate in a plethora of events and contests each day in order to celebrate Homecoming Week.

The theme for the 2017 Homecoming events is ‘Totally 90’s!’ According to the Georgia Southern University Event’s page, students could chose to participate in different events on Wednesday Oct. 11, 2017:

Penny Wars – The event starts at 11 a.m. and will end at 2 p.m. This is hosted by Fraternity and Sorority Life. Just drop your change in the designated bucket for your organization at the Russell Union Rotunda. This is to help raise money for the 39 fraternity and sorority organizations on campus.

T-shirt Swap – The event will begin at 11 a.m. at the Russell Union Rotunda. Students can exchange a non-Georgia Southern University collegiate shirt with a Homecoming 2017 shirt, or, pay $2 and bring any other shirt. Bring your Eagle ID and get there early because only 175 shirts are available per day.

Sidewalk competition – The event will begin at 4 p.m. in front of Bishop Fieldhouse at Paulson Stadium. This is where student organizations will compete for spirit points by creating theme related displays on the Paulson Stadium driveway.

Doo-Dah, Dance and Step Show – One of the most anticipated events of Homecoming Week will be held at Hanner Fieldhouse and will begin at 7 p.m. with doors opening at 6 p.m. This is where student organizations compete for spirit points and prizes. You must have your Eagle ID and tickets to enter.

Voting for Homecoming King, Queen, Duke and Duchess on MyInvolvement is still open until 2 p.m. on Thursday.