Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement host weekly Statesboro Food Bank trip

Amina Ramsey

The Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement offers a chance for students to give back to the community at the Statesboro Food Bank every Wednesday.

The opportunity takes place from 10:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. at the Statesboro Food Bank.

According to the MyInvolvement’s event page, the Statesboro Food Bank volunteers will help organize donations, pack food items for distribution and help prepare Rebecca’s Café to serve the community.

Students must sign up for the trip at the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement located in the room 1056 in the Russell Union to be able to go.

The group of volunteers will depart from room 1056 in the Russell Union to the Statesboro Food Bank. Transportation to and from the Statesboro Food Bank is provided for those who want or need to take advantage of it.

Afterwards, students will be taken back to campus by the trip leader.

Other community service opportunities

The Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement hosts daily trips every week for students to be able to give their time back to the community and help others.

Aluxi Simpson, junior early childhood education major, thinks this is a great community service opportunity.

“It’s good that they provide transportation. I wouldn’t be able to volunteer at the Food Bank because of a schedule conflict. However, I would definitely volunteer for their other trips like the after-school program trip that they have,” Simpson said.

If you have any questions, you can contact the Office of Student Leadership and Community Engagement by emailing leader@georgiasouthern.edu.