Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good Night

Hello, Georgia Southern. It’s me your friendly neighborhood journalist writing to you one last time.

It has been an honor to serve you and this community for the past four years as a member of The George-Anne. I started as a freshman candidate in Fall of 2013 reporting sports and worked my way to serving as editor-in-chief of thegeorgeanne.com.

I have witnessed a great deal of change at this university in the past four years. There have been three university presidents, stadium expansions, transition to the SunBelt, numerous buildings erected and tragedies that shook the community. I’ve covered it all, and I am here to tell you one thing: You’re in good hands.

I have worked hand-in-hand with leaders all over campus to cover these milestones and events. From monthly meetings with the dean of students and the president of the university to interviews with student leaders of various organizations. The strength of the Georgia Southern community is something to behold and I am proud to have been apart of it. I look forward to being a proud alumnus and coming back for years to come.

The thing that I will miss most about Georgia Southern will be the people. As I said before, we have a strong community and that is built by the individuals in it.

So now it is time to say goodbye:

Thank you to my staff who worked hard everyday to cover this campus and community, you guys are some of the most hard working individuals I have ever met. You have made me a proud editor-in-chief and it has been a true pleasure working side-by-side with you.

Our advisors at Student Media, Sammi and David, you have been fantastic mentors and have taught me how to be a leader and innovator by setting outstanding examples with the work you do here at Student Media. We are truly lucky to have you guys.

Thank you to my professors who have helped challenge me to do my best work and open my eyes to the world. You have helped me value my education and inspire me to keep learning as I move on from college life.

And, finally, I would like to say thank you to my friends and family who have been the best support system I could ever ask for. Both old and new, the friends and memories I have made here at Georgia Southern will last a lifetime.

It is thanks to all of these individuals and organizations that I am ready to leave the nest.

So raise the blue, raise the white, this eagle is ready to take flight.