Georgia Southern’s 2016 Homecoming Court

Tandra Smith

Megan Johnson

Duchess (Winner)

Class: Junior

Major: Nursing and Sociology

Candidate from Alpha Delta Pi

• Could not be reached for comment.

–

Moses Malloy

Duke (Winner)

Class: Sophomore

Major: Psychology

Candidate from Southern Leaders

• “I believe it goes without saying that it is truly an honor to have been chosen by Georgia Southern University to represent them in this capacity. I can’t think of a better way to serve an institution that has offered me so much in areas of a quality education and professional development opportunities. While attending Georgia Southern, I have met individuals that have inspired me and poured into my life in such substantial ways that I could never offer enough thanks. Georgia Southern helped me discover my passions, specifically in the area of serving others, and an organization that was instrumental in this self-discovery was Southern Leaders. This is why I hold the opportunity to carry the name of Southern Leaders to this level in high esteem. I want to showcase and bring attention to an amazing group of leaders on Georgia Southern’s campus that make scholarship and service their mission. While standing on stage at Doo Dah, I thought back to the moment Southern Leaders selected me as their Duke nominee and to see all the effort from the whole campaigning process, from painting signs to standing out at the rotunda all day, come to fruition has left me nothing short of elated. Now that I’m at this point, crown and all, I just want to let this campus know that I take this privilege of representing Georgia Southern with utmost importance. I want to give back to this university and I will do everything within my ability to be as good an ambassador as possible. I want to be someone who proudly and graciously demonstrates our Georgia Southern values and True Blue spirit wherever I go. And most of all, I want to make you all proud.”

Abbey LaMee

Queen

Class: Senior

Major: Recreational Therapy

Candidate from Alpha Delta Pi

• “I cannot adequately express what an honor it would be to represent Georgia Southern University as the 2016 Homecoming Queen. Through my experiences and involvement over the past three years, Georgia Southern has absolutely changed my life and developed me into the best possible version of myself. I truly can’t imagine a better end to my college career than to be the 2016 Homecoming Queen.”

Molly Weimer

Queen

Class: Senior

Major: Marketing

Candidate from Phi Mu

• “Last night is definitely a moment I will cherish for the rest of my life. To have such a supportive organization back me up throughout this whole process, and cheer me on when my name was called was such a humbling feeling. I am so honored to be given the chance to represent Georgia Southern! This school has provided me with so many opportunities to grow and develop into who I am today. If chosen to be Georgia Southerns Homecoming Queen for 2016 it would mean I would be able to give back to the university that has given me so much. Getting to walk on the prettiest little stadium is going to be such a memorable moment and I cannot wait to cheer on my favorite team!”

Andrew Lyons

King

Class: Senior

Major: Logistics & Intermodal Transportation

Candidate from Episcopal Campus Ministry

• This is an unbelievable adventure. I cannot imagine what it will feel like to step onto that field tonight in front of the Eagle Nation! Winning Homecoming King would be an out of this world experience. I will go bananas if I hear my name called tonight. Everyone will find out how True Blue I really am!

Eddison Smith

King

Class: Senior

Major: Marketing

Candidate from: Alpha Phi Alpha

• “It has been an amazing experience running for Homecoming King at Georgia Southern University. Making court alone is a great accomplishment in my eyes. I am so happy that I got the opportunity to influence and gain a large amount of respect from a great amount of students here at Georgia Southern University. If I were to win the crown as Georgia Southern’s Homecoming King it would mean that my platform and efforts to encourage involvement and unity among Georgia Southern students would have been heard. I will feel overwhelmed with excitement and joy for the future in furthering my outreach and influence on the GSU community helping more students find their place here at Georgia Southern University.”

Jasmyn Cornell

Queen

Class: Senior

Major: Theater & Journalism

Candidate from Women of Worth

• “I am blessed to receive this opportunity. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to everyone who supported The Golden Ticket. Eddison and I would not have made it this far without them. If I am crowned Homecoming Queen 2016, I would feel elated! Running for Homecoming Queen has been an unforgettable experience. Not only would receiving the title allow me to be a positive representative for the student body but it would assist me in demonstrating my passion for community service.

Winners of King and Queen will be announced at half-time at tonight’s game!