Online MBA program beats the competition

Taisha White

Georgia Southern now has a two new titles under its belt: #1 accredited college in Georgia for their online MBA program and the #17 Top Online MBA program, courtesy of BestColleges.com.

The online MBA program, established back in 2001, has graduated over 73,000 graduates, according to GS Online MBA program page.

Gordon Smith, Ph.D., director of graduate programs for the College of Business, praised the dedication and work ethics of the students, faculty and staff as the reason to the high ranking.

“We were gratified for the rankings, but it reflects on the quality of our students, staff and faculty,” Smith said. “The faculty and staff are both very dedicated to the process and committed to the students and in particular, our faculty are very active researchers. So that helps bring the forward looking perspective into the classroom.”

The 21-month program offers a structured path leading to an AACSB-International accredited MBA degree, allowing students across the world to be in class at anytime frame.

There is a two day requirement in Atlanta, that allows fellow students meet and learn about each other, all while incorporating their learning styles with other students and creating teams.

The pathway consists of 10 courses or 30 credit hours for each student, with an additional two courses each semester for five semesters straight. The course is consistent in providing a team based learning environment and allows the students to apply their skills and education to in the real world of business.

Mia Martin, senior logistics and intermodal transportation major, believes that the title gives others a chance to see the quality programs that the school provides.

“It emphasizes the importance and dominance of Georgia Southern University as a resource of flexible continued education,” Martin said. “It ultimately proves that we as GS students made a good selection in our education and will take the world by storm.”

Ontaria Woods, senior multimedia journalism major is excited that the program has a high ranking.

Woods said, “I think that is very exciting and interesting to see a program from GS being recognized. It gives the school credibility and people are going to be looking for that when choosing a school.”