The Kiwanis Club of Statesboro is holding their 55 annual Ogeechee Fair next week at the Ogeechee Fairgrounds. The week-long fair offers a variety of entertainment including rides, thrill shows, live music and much more.
General admission for people over the age of six is $5 with an additional charge per ride. The week kicks off with a parade on Monday starting in downtown Statesboro at 5 p.m.
Each day after the parade, the fair will be open from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m., excluding Saturday when the fair opens at 1 p.m. and closes at midnight.
Although the $5 admission doesn’t include access to rides, there are multiple ways patrons can save some money throughout the week.
– Tuesday, October 18: Free entry for senior citizens; $20 wrist-stamp for unlimited access to all rides
– Wednesday, October 19: Free entry for Students with ID
– Thursday, October 20: Free entry for all military with ID; $20 wrist-stamp for unlimited access to all rides
– Friday, October 21: “Moonlight Madness” ($15 wrist-stamp for unlimited access to all rides available from 8 p.m.-1 a.m.)
– Saturday, October 22: $22 wrist-stamp for unlimited access to all rides for the entire day (1 p.m.-12 a.m.)
The Kiwanis Club of Statesboro is a service organization that aims to bring aid to children in need. The annual Ogeechee Fair is one of their largest fundraisers each year and according to their website, the funds raised at the fair is given back to deserving charitable projects within the community.
The fair will be located at the Kiwanis Fairgrounds on Highway 67 south of Statesboro.