President Hebert set to deliver State of the University Address tonight

• President Hebert, Jean Bartels, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Teresa Thompson Vice President for Student Affairs and Robert Whitaker, Vice President for Business and Finance listened to student’s concerns at the annual State of the University address. 

Cara Tripodis

President Hebert will deliver the State of the University Address at 6:30 p.m. in the Russell Union ballroom, where he will share his plans for the future of GS.

“It is an opportunity facilitated by the Student Government, for students to directly interact with the higher administration of the university and share thoughts, concerns and ideas. It is also a celebration and example of the Georgia Southern University commitment to actively engage and listen to the needs of our students,” Dylan John SGA President, said.

The State of the University is an event with the intent of providing students with information relating to the status of our institution and the expectation for the upcoming year, according to the SGA website.

“I think it’s a great thing because communication is always good to develop the community,” Savannah Folwell, sophomore mechanical engineering major, said.

There will be an opportunity for students to ask questions and voice their concerns at the end of the meeting.