Georgia Southern: 10
South Alabama: 6
– USA picked up three quick first downs which included a long pass to put them deep in Eagle territory. They were stalled by the Eagle defense and had to settle for a field goal. 3-0, 11:35 remaining.
– The Eagle rushing attack started grinding down the Jaguar defense, then they would go to the air. Facing third and long, Favian Upshaw delivered a great pass under pressure to Wesley Field to put them in the redzone. The Eagles and Koo settled for a field goal after being held on third down. 3-3, 5:30.
– South Alabama was held for no first down and a bad bounce on the punt gave the Eagles the ball across midfield.
– Ellison checked into the game and picked up a first down on their first pass. After a bad hit on the sideline, Ellison left the field and Upshaw checked back in to the backfield. Favian took his next carry inside the five-yard line to set up a touchdown burst by L.A. Ramsby. 10-3 1:22.
– A big run followed by a personal foul by the Eagles gave South Alabama the ball across midfield. Their drive was stalled by the Eagle secondary and were forced to punt.
– The Eagle drive would begin at their own one-yard line after a booming Jaguar punt. With Ellison still out, Upshaw took over again and helped run his offense out of the shadow of their own goal posts. The drive would be stalled deep in South Alabama territory.
– The Jaguars were able to take to the air to battle down the field against the secondary. They started to mix up their attack and set up first and goal inside the four-yard line. The defense put their heels in the ground and forced the field goal. 10-6, 1:11.
– Coach Summers elected to try and get some points with just over a minute on the clock. Upshaw carried the offense to the 45-yard line with :38 remaining in the half. A few plays later and a deep pass put the offense down the five-yard line with only ten seconds on the clock. Upshaw took a run up the middle and the Eagles were unable to call a timeout before the clock hit zero, forcing the team to leave the field with no points for their efforts.