GSU presidential candidate names announced

Jozsef Papp and DJ Fullmer

Update March 8: The fifth and final Presidential Candidate has been announced.

The candidate’s name is Jaimie L. Hebert, Ph.D., who is currently the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs of Sam Houston State University. He previously was the Dean of the College of Art and Sciences and Chair and Professor of Statistics for SHSU.

He also briefly worked for Appalachian State as the Assistant Professor of Mathematical Science.

Herbert is expected to come to campus on Thursday, March 10 and his open forum is the same day from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Carol A. Carter Recital Hall, Foy Building 

Update March 4 : The Presidential Search and Screen Committee has announced the name of the fourth presidential candidate.

The candidate’s name is Kelli McCormack Brown, Ph.D., currently serves as the Provost and Vice-President for Academic Affairs at the Georgia College and State University (GCSU) in Milledgeville, Ga.

Before going to GCSU, Brown served various positions at the University of Florida (UF) College of Health and Human Performance before going to GCSU in June 2013. 

Brown was the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at UF before becoming Interim Dean of the College of Health and Human Performance from Sept. 2012 to May 2013.

Brown is expected to visit campus starting on March 6 through March 8. Her Open Forum will take place on Monday, March 7 from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Carol A. Carter Recital Hall inside the Foy Building.

This article will be updated as more information becomes available. 

Update March 1: In an e-mail sent by the Presidential Search and Screen Committee, the name of the third presidential candidate was announced.

The candidate’s name is Carl A. Stockton Ph.D., currently serves as the Provost and Senior Vice-President for Academic Affairs at the University of Houston-Clear Lake (UHCL) in Houston, Texas.

According to the UHCL’s website, Stockton served as dean in the University of Texas Brownsville’s School of Education and Houston Endowed Chair for Education from 2004-2007.

In addition, Stockton was a candidate in Columbus State University presidential search.

Stockton is expected to visit campus starting on March 2 through March 4. His Open Forum will take place on Thursday, March 3 from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Carol A. Carter Recital Hall inside the Foy Building.

Update Feb. 29: The second candidate’s name has been released. The name is David A. Brennen, Ph.D., who currently serves as the Dean of the University of Kentucky College of Law. 

According to the UK website, Brennen has worked at various law firms throughout Florida. In addition, Brennen was a University of Georgia professor at the School of Law from 2006 to 2009, when he joined the University of Kentucky.

Brennen is expect to visit campus starting on March 1 through March 3. His Open Forum will take place on Wednesday, March 2 from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the Carol A. Carter Recital Hall inside the Foy Building.

Feb. 26: The Presidential Search and Screen Committee has released the names of the candidates for Georgia Southern president.

The first candidate’s name is Timothy C. Caboni, Ph.D., currently serves as the Vice-Chancellor for Public Affairs at the University of Kansas (KU).

According to the KU website, Caboni also serves at the principal spokesman and oversees the communication, marketing and advocacy efforts at KU. 

Caboni is expected to visit campus starting on Feb. 28 through March 1. In addition, his Open Forum will take place on Monday, Feb. 29 at the Carol A. Carter Recital Hall inside the Foy Building.