As college students, we’re on a tight budget. These budgets can sometimes restrict us from buying certain beauty products to test out. Sometimes it is necessary to pamper ourselves after a stressful day; however, there are cheap and easy ways to treat yourself and your skin to some much needed TLC.
This oatmeal face mask is an excellent example of a cheap and healthy way to clear your skin without breaking the bank. The ingredients altogether cost less than $10, which is pretty amazing.
So how does it help your skin?
Oatmeal benefits your skin in several different ways. Not only does oatmeal help to remove acne, but it also prevents dryness and moisturizes your skin thanks to the healthy fats in it. You’ll find oatmeal is an ingredient in many beauty and skincare products.
Honey has similar beauty benefits. Honey moisturizes the skin and clears out your pores, getting rid of any acne you may have. On top of that, it fades scars, lightens skin and prevents more buildup of bacteria in your pores.
Greek yogurt is a probiotic superpower for your entire body. For your skin and face, Greek yogurt helps to reduce redness and dissolves dead skin cells while also fighting acne. You’ll get a natural glow and rejuvenate your skin.
Egg whites can not only rid your skin of acne, but also tighten your skin and shrink your pores. For those of you with oily skin, egg whites will become your new best friend.
So if you’re in need of some rest and relaxation, check out this soothing oatmeal face mask.
Ingredients (all purchased at Bi-Lo, which accepts Eaglexpress):
· 1/2 cup hot water (free)
· 1/3 cup oatmeal (Southern Home, BiLo’s generic brand, $2)
· 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (Southern Home, $0.80)
· 2 tablespoons honey (Southern Home, $3.99)
· 1 small egg white (Southern Home 12 Grade A Large, $2.50)
Grand Total: $9.29
1. Wash your face thoroughly before applying the mask.
2. Mix the oatmeal and hot water together. Let the mixture sit for two minutes.
3. Mix all other ingredients together and then combine them to the oatmeal. Mix thoroughly.
4. Apply a thin layer of the mixture to your face, and let it sit for 15 minutes.
5. Rinse face with warm water and pat dry.